Fallen Evolution
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Some tips for writing a good admin app.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Otakulove
Legendary
avatar

Posts : 896
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 26
Location : California, USA.

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Dirndl Dress (Female)
Weapon:: Jail Book Jail Book

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:45 pm

I'm going to sticky this.

I like this more than the "For you idiots who wanna attempt to write an app" topic lol.

_________________
Name: Grace.
IGN: Otakulove.
Rank picture made by Stava.
Signature made by me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powrfulking
Legendary
avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-01-23
Age : 28
Location : USA

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Final Summoning (Male) Final Summoning (Male)
Weapon:: Ban Hammer Ban Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:16 am

Otakulove wrote:
I'm going to sticky this.

I like this more than the "For you idiots who wanna attempt to write an app" topic lol.

ya dude that is a NO NO ^ No No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powrfulking
Legendary
avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-01-23
Age : 28
Location : USA

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Final Summoning (Male) Final Summoning (Male)
Weapon:: Ban Hammer Ban Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:21 am

BigBoss wrote:
I am not here to dictate how you write your admin/artist application, the fun is your creativeness in it.
But some simple things that can make a big difference in your application.

Read this first of all

For you idiots who wanna attempt to write an app.

1.) Literacy - Fe is not looking for players who can write with perfection. But at least be above legible, no one wants to read something they can't understand or hurts the eyes trying to decipher. Mozilla Firefox has a spell checker, use it.

2.) Wall of text - this is a no-no. I for one do not want to read one big paragraph. It makes you look like you didn't put any organizational effort. Paragraphs is way less painful to read.

3.) Organization - When an application flows right it makes the employer feel good about you.

4.) A little bit about you - I am sure the current staff would like to know more about you then know about how you would do things differently.

5.) Overall confidence - they don't want anyone who is in-confident. Confidence can get you past many other flaws.

6.) Pictures - If your want to become a artist of FE(mapper or pixilest) post samples of your art. Also it would be good to link the picture rather then embed the picture, so it won't streach the page out and make it look neat.

Thats all I can think of for now, as I think of more I will add them.

I have the Confidence that my MODERATOR application is the Best Application on THE Forums. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powrfulking
Legendary
avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-01-23
Age : 28
Location : USA

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Final Summoning (Male) Final Summoning (Male)
Weapon:: Ban Hammer Ban Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:39 am

Saranghae wrote:
Powrfulking wrote:
BigBoss wrote:
I am not here to dictate how you write your admin/artist application, the fun is your creativeness in it.
But some simple things that can make a big difference in your application.

Read this first of all

For you idiots who wanna attempt to write an app.

1.) Literacy - Fe is not looking for players who can write with perfection. But at least be above legible, no one wants to read something they can't understand or hurts the eyes trying to decipher. Mozilla Firefox has a spell checker, use it.

2.) Wall of text - this is a no-no. I for one do not want to read one big paragraph. It makes you look like you didn't put any organizational effort. Paragraphs is way less painful to read.

3.) Organization - When an application flows right it makes the employer feel good about you.

4.) A little bit about you - I am sure the current staff would like to know more about you then know about how you would do things differently.

5.) Overall confidence - they don't want anyone who is in-confident. Confidence can get you past many other flaws.

6.) Pictures - If your want to become a artist of FE(mapper or pixilest) post samples of your art. Also it would be good to link the picture rather then embed the picture, so it won't streach the page out and make it look neat.

Thats all I can think of for now, as I think of more I will add them.

I have the Confidence that my MODERATOR application is the Best Application on THE Forums. Very Happy
Remember don't have to much confidence because it brings you to arrogance.

ya i know i dnt have an arrogance bone in my body ^^ everyone else have great applications but i feel and know that mine is the best so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Powrfulking
Legendary
avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-01-23
Age : 28
Location : USA

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Final Summoning (Male) Final Summoning (Male)
Weapon:: Ban Hammer Ban Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:40 pm

If you think it's the best why do you think you're not hired yet?[/quote]

they might not be hiring at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jorrit
Elite
Elite
avatar

Posts : 60
Join date : 2009-11-30
Age : 24
Location : netherlands

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Fallen Plate (Male) Fallen Plate (Male)
Weapon:: Fallen Dragon Blade Fallen Dragon Blade

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Tue May 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Otakulove wrote:
I'm going to sticky this.

I like this more than the "For you idiots who wanna attempt to write an app" topic lol.


lols
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bescared
Legendary
avatar

Posts : 375
Join date : 2010-03-16
Location : Scotland, Land of the Kilts k.

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Turtle Costume (Male)
Weapon:: Harp Harp

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Mon May 24, 2010 2:03 am

Personally, i think tips for writing an application is a bad thing, It doesn't give the application Any Originality, You don't see a personality in the application, You see idk... a robot or something? :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thiamor
Legendary
avatar

Posts : 883
Join date : 2009-12-23

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Final Summoning (Male) Final Summoning (Male)
Weapon:: Excalibur Excalibur

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Mon May 24, 2010 11:39 am

bescared wrote:
Personally, i think tips for writing an application is a bad thing, It doesn't give the application Any Originality, You don't see a personality in the application, You see idk... a robot or something? :3

Actually tips are basically just how to get the basic outline made for your Application. Also how to attract your readers.

It's like the same basic tips for a work application for life, but not Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bescared
Legendary
avatar

Posts : 375
Join date : 2010-03-16
Location : Scotland, Land of the Kilts k.

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Turtle Costume (Male)
Weapon:: Harp Harp

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Mon May 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Thiamor wrote:
bescared wrote:
Personally, i think tips for writing an application is a bad thing, It doesn't give the application Any Originality, You don't see a personality in the application, You see idk... a robot or something? :3

Actually tips are basically just how to get the basic outline made for your Application. Also how to attract your readers.

It's like the same basic tips for a work application for life, but not Razz

Still uncertian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thiamor
Legendary
avatar

Posts : 883
Join date : 2009-12-23

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Final Summoning (Male) Final Summoning (Male)
Weapon:: Excalibur Excalibur

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Mon May 24, 2010 3:48 pm

bescared wrote:
Thiamor wrote:
bescared wrote:
Personally, i think tips for writing an application is a bad thing, It doesn't give the application Any Originality, You don't see a personality in the application, You see idk... a robot or something? :3

Actually tips are basically just how to get the basic outline made for your Application. Also how to attract your readers.

It's like the same basic tips for a work application for life, but not Razz

Still uncertian

Okay, how about this?

It doesn't take any creativity away; all it does is that it places your creativity in a more organized package, so to speak.

It makes it more readable and enjoyable, rather than a monstrous conglomeration *I think I used the right term for that*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bescared
Legendary
avatar

Posts : 375
Join date : 2010-03-16
Location : Scotland, Land of the Kilts k.

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Turtle Costume (Male)
Weapon:: Harp Harp

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Mon May 24, 2010 4:05 pm

But wouldn't it reveal more intellect for people who can actually think of a layout for an application rather than have some one make a template?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thiamor
Legendary
avatar

Posts : 883
Join date : 2009-12-23

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Final Summoning (Male) Final Summoning (Male)
Weapon:: Excalibur Excalibur

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Mon May 24, 2010 4:23 pm

Nah, not really.

The intellect that is shown comes from what is inside the application, not from how it looks (the outside). That is why a lot of High Schools have classes about this very thing. They teach you the proper way to have it look (not feel. You make it have a feeling when being read by others). They don't teach you what to write, but how to write something.

What you write comes from personal experiences which cannot be taught, but only learned by living your life the way that you do see fit.

That is why tips on how one looks doesn't take away from the creativity; only you can do that by lacking. By not putting what you feel that you should/ and need to put down.

As I've said many times, I'm a Writer. I'm not over-exaggerating in the least. I've been writing for many a year now. How something looks helps, but not as much as the true contents.

Layouts only drag someone in long enough for them to be dragged in to the real contents of the application; or anything, really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bescared
Legendary
avatar

Posts : 375
Join date : 2010-03-16
Location : Scotland, Land of the Kilts k.

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Turtle Costume (Male)
Weapon:: Harp Harp

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Mon May 24, 2010 5:27 pm

From everyones apps, And i mean everyones because i've read pretty much every single app, Theres always sugar coated bullshit. And this is the point im trying to get across, Its the same layout, with the same stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thiamor
Legendary
avatar

Posts : 883
Join date : 2009-12-23

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Final Summoning (Male) Final Summoning (Male)
Weapon:: Excalibur Excalibur

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   Mon May 24, 2010 7:34 pm

bescared wrote:
From everyones apps, And i mean everyones because i've read pretty much every single app, Theres always sugar coated bullshit. And this is the point im trying to get across, Its the same layout, with the same stuff.

They choose to make it 'sugar coated'.

I didn't do that when I joined in those Admins Trials where Joey and myself won.

It's the basic layout, but my own choice words is what makes it my own. Those who follow the exact steps given will only get so far. But most don't do that. They add in the needed words, even if some is a bit sugar coated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Some tips for writing a good admin app.   

Back to top Go down
 

Some tips for writing a good admin app.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fallen Evolution :: Development :: Admin Application Forum (Sign Up)-