Fallen Evolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting out of hand!

+5
Sniper
Gitsie
Xray
Ihasatail
WarrLordd
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Getting out of hand! - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting out of hand!

Post  Kinriku Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:41 am

Sniper wrote:
Kinriku wrote:Also, as a side note, I had maybe two weeks of in-game experience before I was hired as a pixel artist, and it was plenty. I was dedicated and I had already learned much about the game, even though I hadn't been playing long. So maybe a time requirement shouldn't hold, but perhaps a test instead.

tests like a " What If...." and the askin like " the ways if you become a admin how will you contribute inot the game and making it better. etc.

Yes. One that asks about rules, the way you would deal with certain situations, and ways they'd contribute.
Kinriku
Kinriku
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor::
Weapon::

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiamor Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:55 am

Sniper wrote:
Ihasatail wrote:
Sniper wrote:
Ihasatail wrote:I think I'm smart enough to know what is wrong and what is right. I don't need to look at a past situations to make a judgement, but I can't speak for the some of the other people applying. But my point is; knowing some history helps, but it shouldn't be required.

um yes you do. idiot. we have had at least 3 admins who've gone rogue and tried to ruin Fe by dropping admin items and unreleased items in bulk, its a pain in the ass for ele to do a rollback and a pain in the ass to players because they may lose thier stuff when the server rolled back.

Okay, now you're insulting me.
I'm ending this now.
I know there have been bad experiences in the past, but I'm not out to ruin FE.

I know I am.

There is a difference in knowing the history and knowing what you'll do.

Knowing the history will only help guide actions; that shouldn't be a required thing. The only things that should be required is YOUR history, your thoughts and your actions. Your time playing is only to help you look good. Your past admin experience(s), if any, also is to help.

The main thing is your actions.
Thiamor
Thiamor
Legendary

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Final Summoning (Male) Final Summoning (Male)
Weapon:: Excalibur Excalibur

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinriku Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Thiamor wrote:
Sniper wrote:
Ihasatail wrote:
Sniper wrote:
Ihasatail wrote:I think I'm smart enough to know what is wrong and what is right. I don't need to look at a past situations to make a judgement, but I can't speak for the some of the other people applying. But my point is; knowing some history helps, but it shouldn't be required.

um yes you do. idiot. we have had at least 3 admins who've gone rogue and tried to ruin Fe by dropping admin items and unreleased items in bulk, its a pain in the ass for ele to do a rollback and a pain in the ass to players because they may lose thier stuff when the server rolled back.

I'm ending this now.

I know I am.

Knowing the history will only help guide actions; that shouldn't be a required thing. The only things that should be required is YOUR history, your thoughts and your actions. Your time playing is only to help you look good. Your past admin experience(s), if any, also is to help.

I agree with Thiamor 100%. Since I joined the admin team with only two weeks of FE experience, needless to say I learned most of what I know during the time I was an admin. And within a week of being hired (I was a Guardian), there was an admin meeting which I attended and everyone was promoted to GM. So gaining position in little time isn't hard to do if you're really dedicated to the game and don't just talk the big talk, but you mean a lot to the players of the game. If you really make an impression on them, that's how you know you're a good admin.
Kinriku
Kinriku
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll
Armor::
Weapon::

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiamor Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:18 pm

Kinriku wrote:
Thiamor wrote:
Sniper wrote:
Ihasatail wrote:
Sniper wrote:

I'm ending this now.

I know I am.

I agree with Thiamor 100%. Since I joined the admin team with only two weeks of FE experience, needless to say I learned most of what I know during the time I was an admin. And within a week of being hired (I was a Guardian), there was an admin meeting which I attended and everyone was promoted to GM. So gaining position in little time isn't hard to do if you're really dedicated to the game and don't just talk the big talk, but you mean a lot to the players of the game. If you really make an impression on them, that's how you know you're a good admin.

It can be easy to make a good impression if you know what not to do. We need a new system to use to test out new and future admins. Something that, instead of one single test, is random tests, that happen anytime and there is no set limit as to how many tests are given during the course of the 'specific' admin's run. To test them at random points, to show that they are still doing their job. Instead of testing, then letting them run freely to do the job as to how they see fit.

Thiamor
Thiamor
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ihasatail Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Thiamor wrote:
Kinriku wrote:
Thiamor wrote:
Sniper wrote:
Ihasatail wrote:
Sniper wrote:

I'm ending this now.

I know I am.

It can be easy to make a good impression if you know what not to do. We need a new system to use to test out new and future admins. Something that, instead of one single test, is random tests, that happen anytime and there is no set limit as to how many tests are given during the course of the 'specific' admin's run. To test them at random points, to show that they are still doing their job. Instead of testing, then letting them run freely to do the job as to how they see fit.

I'm really trying hard, but I feel like I'm failing terribly.
Ihasatail
Ihasatail
Elite
Elite

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Hula Pants (Male)
Weapon:: Fallen Dragon Blade Fallen Dragon Blade

http://tinyurl.com/ihasatail

Back to top Go down

Getting out of hand! - Page 2 Empty IM GOOD

Post  Marlyboro Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:48 pm

well im fine cuz ive been playing for like a year and a half now Razz and i know A LOT about the server
Marlyboro
Marlyboro
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FE Paperdoll
Weapon:: Fallen Dragon Blade Fallen Dragon Blade

Back to top Go down

Post  Sniper Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Ihasatail wrote:
Thiamor wrote:
Kinriku wrote:
Thiamor wrote:
Sniper wrote:
Ihasatail wrote:
Sniper wrote:

I'm ending this now.

I know I am.

I'm really trying hard, but I feel like I'm failing terribly.

yes you are.

and admins should be able to go undercover as the people and see wat the future admins are like, the way they handle themselves in FE, when I was in the admin trial, Important asked me questions of different sorts, then he told me I was finished with the tral but I wasnt, soon after a player ( undercovered as Important) pmed me and tried toi lure me into trouble but it didnt work for me.
So these new future admins should be kept close watch so that they dont just act nice around admins online.
Sniper
Sniper
The Fallen
The Fallen

Back to top Go down

Post  Icey Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:40 am

This is a very good. I submitted an Admin App. very recently and I've noticed I've gotten a considerable amount of views but no feedback what-so-ever. If you view my app entitled 'Administrator Application' please give me positive feedback or negative criticism. Either way I will respect your feedback and opinion.
Icey
Icey
Warrior

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Fallen Plate (Male) Fallen Plate (Male)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum