Fallen Evolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game map is black.

2 posters

Go down

Game map is black. Empty Game map is black.

Post  cloudsoul Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:55 am

All the maps are black, everyone's naked (I can see my shoes for some reason) and even my inventory is empty, yet if I hover my mouse over it, I can see the names of my items. I was talking to a GM and he said that I needed to download the client from the homepage, which I was using, but I just went ahead and re-downloaded and re-installed, I have done this 3 times, and actually I can see the maps (Sort of, not all of it) now, but everything else is still the same.

Also I tryed downloading on my brothers computer, and it worked fine, his is an XP , and mine is a vista, so I asked the GM that was helping me (Roefl, he was very helpful) and he said the game worked fine on his Vista, and his Windows 7, so that's not the issue.

I have tryed running as an admin, and not running as an admin, and there's no difference, not really sure what to try now. So if anyone knows how this may be fixed, please do share, It's not an emergency or anything, but I'd like to play.

cloudsoul
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Game map is black. Empty Re: Game map is black.

Post  cloudsoul Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:10 pm

Tryed restarting the client several times, tryed re-downloading and re-installing with my anti virus off, still nothing, so if anyone knows, then yeah.

I've been asking in the chat box, and in the game by the way, hopefully someone knows :p

cloudsoul
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  .:Punk:. Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:17 pm

Go onto your brothers computer, email yourself the working game file, download onto Vista. Either that, or your graphic card is (no swearing).
.:Punk:.
.:Punk:.
Elite
Elite

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Death Bringer Plate (Male) Death Bringer Plate (Male)
Weapon::

Back to top Go down

Post  cloudsoul Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm pretty my graphics card is better then my brothers (not entirely sure) so I don't think that's it, but the next time he's over I'll have him give me the files, thanks for the suggestion.

cloudsoul
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  cloudsoul Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:30 am

EDIT:Okay, just tryed what everyone said (Minus taking the files from my brother, because I can't right now) and I even did a system restore to awhile back, before I downloaded the game to begin with, and now, the map isn't black, I'm just naked, and everyone else is, I'm not sure if I can see monsters or not, if so this will be playable, but It will just be a big naked party.

So I intend on speaking with elevations if he gets online, thanks for the help everyone.

EDIT2:Can't see monsters, or npcs, guess I have to wait for elevations.

cloudsoul
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  cloudsoul Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:33 pm

I tryed the compatibility thing already, sadly no luck, but yeah I'm going to get the files from my bro when he comes over monday, here's hoping it works Razz.

cloudsoul
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  cloudsoul Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:33 pm

Got the files from my brother, and it still didn't work, so if anyone has figured anything out, please let me know.

cloudsoul
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  cloudsoul Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:25 am

Tokyo wrote:
cloudsoul wrote:Got the files from my brother, and it still didn't work, so if anyone has figured anything out, please let me know.

Most have been facing the same problem as you. For what I had experienced, the maps of Aeven, bank and alexborg have somehow been glitched. So there isn't anything wrong with your PC.

Does this only happen to certain people though? Because I was watching my brother play yesterday, and he went to Aeven and Bank fine, or maybe is it logging in while already in Aeven causes the problem?

Anyway thanks for letting me know, I know it sounds jerkish, but I'm glad I'm not the only one, so it stands more ofa chance of getting fixed :p

cloudsoul
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down