Fallen Evolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad mouthing and insulting players.

+8
JoshX
Otakulove
Thiamor
roefl
bescared
abbinsane
Leon
ScottD
12 posters

Go down

Read the post. (:

Bad mouthing and insulting players. Vote_lcap33%Bad mouthing and insulting players. Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
Bad mouthing and insulting players. Vote_lcap67%Bad mouthing and insulting players. Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Bad mouthing and insulting players. Empty Bad mouthing and insulting players.

Post  ScottD Mon May 17, 2010 4:55 am

Do you think jailing/walling/banning someone for bad mouthing or insulting another player is over the top? Before you answer, think about the following: I'm not sure how many of you actually played EO back in the day, but did the admins do it then? There's an ignore function and no one is forced to stay on one map.

Post your opinions.

ScottD
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor::
Weapon::

Back to top Go down

Bad mouthing and insulting players. Empty Re: Bad mouthing and insulting players.

Post  Leon Mon May 17, 2010 5:04 am

ScottD wrote:Do you think jailing/walling/banning someone for bad mouthing or insulting another player is over the top? Before you answer, think about the following: I'm not sure how many of you actually played EO back in the day, but did the admins do it then? There's an ignore function and no one is forced to stay on one map.

Post your opinions.

If your being bad mouthed and insulted constantly by a player then I don't see why ignoring him will solve anything they can just go on a alt or continue to harass you and other players knowing they can't be punished.

Leon
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Bad mouthing and insulting players. Empty Re: Bad mouthing and insulting players.

Post  abbinsane Mon May 17, 2010 5:05 am

Well Scot your point is valid but what Roefl said is right too
Iggy function is fine but nothing will happen with that
Like Anger did abuse some days back
But if Roe will pwn such people I am sure they wont do it again
Even if I do that he must take action
abbinsane
abbinsane
Elite
Elite

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Fallen Plate (Male) Fallen Plate (Male)
Weapon:: Fallen Dragon Blade Fallen Dragon Blade

Back to top Go down

Post  bescared Mon May 17, 2010 5:06 am

I didn't post an answer, Every matter has difference circumstances.
bescared
bescared
Legendary

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Turtle Costume (Male)
Weapon:: Harp Harp

Back to top Go down

Post  roefl Mon May 17, 2010 5:07 am

ScottD wrote:Do you think jailing/walling/banning someone for bad mouthing or insulting another player is over the top? Before you answer, think about the following: I'm not sure how many of you actually played EO back in the day, but did the admins do it then? There's an ignore function and no one is forced to stay on one map.

Post your opinions.

It depends.
As example, You've told some people ur sister passed away in a car accident.
And a random player that played FE for like 4 hours jumps in and says: AHHAHAHA SHE DESERVED IT SHE"S A WHORE I FUCKED HER ALALAALAL...Etc.
Oh w8 I should put that guy on ignore, and let him bug someone else. Or tell an admin and give him a punishment/warning.

On the otherside, If its just an arguement with a few "ur mom" jokes or (f word) this or go eat a penis.. It's nothing to worry about.
roefl
roefl
bewb

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  abbinsane Mon May 17, 2010 5:44 am

Roefl I am With You
abbinsane
abbinsane
Elite
Elite

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Fallen Plate (Male) Fallen Plate (Male)
Weapon:: Fallen Dragon Blade Fallen Dragon Blade

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiamor Mon May 17, 2010 6:13 am

Well I'll say this. It is considered player harassment. That is in-which against the rules.

So it will deserve a warning nonetheless.

If continued by the same person unless the other player is joking around with the person, should be warned again, then should be jailed, walled...etc.

It may be seen as harmless and shouldn't matter, but no matter what, player harassment is against the rules for a reason.
Thiamor
Thiamor
Legendary

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Final Summoning (Male) Final Summoning (Male)
Weapon:: Excalibur Excalibur

Back to top Go down

Post  Otakulove Mon May 17, 2010 7:14 am

It depends on the situation, but most of the time, I would say no.

When a player is insulting another player or admin, I gives them plenty of opportunities for them to stop.. But if they continue to do it after being warned, then I take action, because then it's borderline harassment.

Even if it's just over the internet, words can still be pretty hurtful. :/
Otakulove
Otakulove
Legendary

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Dirndl Dress (Female)
Weapon:: Jail Book Jail Book

Back to top Go down

Post  bescared Mon May 17, 2010 7:24 am

roefl wrote:

Post your opinions.

It depends.
As example, You've told some people ur sister passed away in a car accident.
And a random player that played FE for like 4 hours jumps in and says: AHHAHAHA SHE DESERVED IT SHE"S A WHORE I FUCKED HER ALALAALAL...Etc.
Oh w8 I should put that guy on ignore, and let him bug someone else. Or tell an admin and give him a punishment/warning.

On the otherside, If its just an arguement with a few "ur mom" jokes or (f word) this or go eat a penis.. It's nothing to worry about.

Cannot...unsee....
bescared
bescared
Legendary

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Turtle Costume (Male)

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiamor Mon May 17, 2010 7:37 am

Otakulove wrote:It depends on the situation, but most of the time, I would say no.

When a player is insulting another player or admin, I gives them plenty of opportunities for them to stop.. But if they continue to do it after being warned, then I take action, because then it's borderline harassment.

Even if it's just over the internet, words can still be pretty hurtful. :/

This.
Thiamor
Thiamor
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  JoshX Mon May 17, 2010 9:30 am

I'm usually chill with cursing because seriously I myself use it like 100 times a day along with any other human in the world. But if someone uses it excessively to the point 80% of the sentence is curse words I will tell them to "stop". And if not consider it...

GG

for him/her.
JoshX
JoshX
Asian Sexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  Score Mon May 17, 2010 10:01 am

People fighting will NOT ignore each other because they want to "win" the argument. Honestly I don't even know why we have an ignore function in game Rolling Eyes

Score
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FE Paperdoll
Weapon:: Ban Hammer Ban Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiamor Mon May 17, 2010 10:42 am

Score wrote:People fighting will NOT ignore each other because they want to "win" the argument. Honestly I don't even know why we have an ignore function in game Rolling Eyes

Because not everyone will fight because someone is messing with them. They would rather stop it, ignore them and play the game.

There are more people who are more willingly to play the game rather than just sit and argue.
Thiamor
Thiamor
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  epicpwn Mon May 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Leon wrote:

Post your opinions.

If your being bad mouthed and insulted constantly by a player then I don't see why ignoring him will solve anything they can just go on a alt or continue to harass you and other players knowing they can't be punished.
well if you iggy them then u dont have to see what they say and i don't think anyone would go through all the trouble of logging on different alts just to argue. But i still think that if people are constantly arguing/harassing other people they need to be punished.
epicpwn
epicpwn
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiamor Mon May 17, 2010 3:20 pm

epicpwn wrote:
Leon wrote:

Post your opinions.

well if you iggy them then u dont have to see what they say and i don't think anyone would go through all the trouble of logging on different alts just to argue. But i still think that if people are constantly arguing/harassing other people they need to be punished.

You're kind of wrong, there, though.

People like Rocco, Sniper and a lot of trolls, spammers and haters would do just that.

Good thing Rocco is gone for that part, though.
Thiamor
Thiamor
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  stewoX Mon May 17, 2010 5:06 pm

i had to pm mizzy for 20 minutes saying ''(no swearing)'' to get a 2 hour ban..(just wanted to see if shed do anything)
personally if someones badmouthing id say your best solution is a mute (5 to 10 minutes to start if they keep it up after the mute maybe 20 min Very Happy)if the player relogs and starts bashing again a 10 minute jail if they keep at it maybe they need an hour off and if they keep going etc. etc.

stewoX
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottD Tue May 18, 2010 8:25 am

Don't start acting like little girls in this topic.

ScottD
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FE Paperdoll
Weapon::

Back to top Go down

Post  roefl Tue May 18, 2010 8:26 am

ScottD wrote:Don't start acting like little girls in this topic.

Yes, Ma'am!
roefl
roefl
bewb

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  epicpwn Tue May 18, 2010 8:45 am

Thiamor wrote:
epicpwn wrote:
Leon wrote:

Post your opinions.

You're kind of wrong, there, though.

People like Rocco, Sniper and a lot of trolls, spammers and haters would do just that.

Good thing Rocco is gone for that part, though.
well you are right but I'm just saying that iggy isn't completely useless. It still helps to a degree and if they keep logging on to different alts they'll eventually give up because it just takes a couple seconds to iggy someone.
epicpwn
epicpwn
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Micro Wed May 19, 2010 4:56 am

Scott, I'm annoyed. You always say the "ignore function" I want to know how many people really use that when players are being (no swearing) heads?

I'm guessing 15%? Lol.

Scott you want to make people stop bad mouthing people so they have piece. ignoring them isn't going to make them stop, They will continue, Just Mute/Wall em. Teach them not to. Are you going to do the same thing when you have a kid "If you do" Going to put them on ignore? Lol!

Teach them NOT TO!
It would help this server a lot for a some supporting staff to stop arguments.

~The almighty Micro!

Micro
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down