Fallen Evolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pixel artist trials?

+3
Thiamor
WarrLordd
bescared
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pixel artist trials? Empty Pixel artist trials?

Post  bescared Tue May 18, 2010 8:31 am

Well, Seeing as Roefl and grace from time to time (her titles head moderator so lets go with that) are the only pixel artists currently listed as staff. Maybe they should hold PA Trials. Similiar to the admin trials. I'm not just saying this because i applied for a position, I just feel that in later Versions, the lack of pixel artists will be a hard thing to cope with.
bescared
bescared
Legendary

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor:: Turtle Costume (Male)
Weapon:: Harp Harp

Back to top Go down

Pixel artist trials? Empty Re: Pixel artist trials?

Post  WarrLordd Tue May 18, 2010 9:18 am

Well im not really sure if otaku is really the person who hires pixel admins i think it's elevation who handles those stuff. Pixel artist are more dev than a mod. So basically they are looking for a person quality?

Im not sure but since ele did had a few people such as lexie and joey with extreme talent hopefully he's looking for the same area of expertize. Im not saying anyone here is not talented but i think he would like to see more progress?
Basically i have stopped doing sprites cause i got no patient and then again i recently sent otaku a sheet to forward to ele to see if it would be added, but in the future if pixel artist are needed i would start back again and donate my stuff. I understand some people may want to become admin/pixeler dev..ect But seems like it won't happen anytime soon!
All im saying is continue to try it would happen eventually.
WarrLordd
WarrLordd
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Fallen Plate (Male) Fallen Plate (Male)
Weapon:: Excalibur Excalibur

Back to top Go down

Post  bescared Tue May 18, 2010 9:36 am

WarrLordd wrote:Well im not really sure if otaku is really the person who hires pixel admins i think it's elevation who handles those stuff. Pixel artist are more dev than a mod. So basically they are looking for a person quality?

Im not sure but since ele did had a few people such as lexie and joey with extreme talent hopefully he's looking for the same area of expertize. Im not saying anyone here is not talented but i think he would like to see more progress?
Basically i have stopped doing sprites cause i got no patient and then again i recently sent otaku a sheet to forward to ele to see if it would be added, but in the future if pixel artist are needed i would start back again and donate my stuff. I understand some people may want to become admin/pixeler dev..ect But seems like it won't happen anytime soon!

And they will be needed. You dont honestly expect a server to run w/ only one dedicated PA do you? If FE keeps growing as it is, thats going to be too much to handle for one artist.
bescared
bescared
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiamor Tue May 18, 2010 11:32 am

bescared wrote:
WarrLordd wrote:Well im not really sure if otaku is really the person who hires pixel admins i think it's elevation who handles those stuff. Pixel artist are more dev than a mod. So basically they are looking for a person quality?

And they will be needed. You dont honestly expect a server to run w/ only one dedicated PA do you? If FE keeps growing as it is, thats going to be too much to handle for one artist.

Admin Trials is Admin Trials.

That goes for Pixel Artists, as-well.

We really don't need to branch off and have another Trial when Admin Trials is for any position as a whole, as it were.

If you branched this off, you'd have to for Coders, Mappers and Mods.

It'd just start to spam itself. 1 is fine enough.

It keeps everyting in one spot, and you wouldn't really have to look around too much.
Thiamor
Thiamor
Legendary

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Final Summoning (Male) Final Summoning (Male)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ms.Nova Tue May 18, 2010 11:38 am

Thiamor wrote:
bescared wrote:

We really don't need to branch off and have another Trial when Admin Trials is for any position as a whole, as it were.

It keeps everyting in one spot, and you wouldn't really have to look around too much.

No you wouldn't. Fe has coders, mappers and mods. 1 pixel artist isn't enough
Ms.Nova
Ms.Nova
Legendary

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Ayane Dress (Female)
Weapon::

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiamor Tue May 18, 2010 11:46 am

Ms.Nova wrote:
Thiamor wrote:
bescared wrote:

What the Hell are you talking about? I wouldn't what?

I said that the Admin Trials that we have here in FE is for any position. So that making one specifically for Pixel would be a waste, when anyone can say what they are going for on the main Admin Trials.

Then I said if they made a Trial for Pixel Artists, they would have to branch off and make trials for all positions. We have one Trial meant for all positions.

I think you misunderstood what I meant.
Thiamor
Thiamor
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ms.Nova Tue May 18, 2010 11:48 am

Thiamor wrote:
Ms.Nova wrote:
Thiamor wrote:
bescared wrote:

What the Hell are you talking about? I wouldn't what?

I said that the Admin Trials that we have here in FE is for any position. So that making one specifically for Pixel would be a waste, when anyone can say what they are going for on the main Admin Trials.

Then I said if they made a Trial for Pixel Artists, they would have to branch off and make trials for all positions. We have one Trial meant for all positions.

I think you misunderstood what I meant.
Ms.Nova
Ms.Nova
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  WarrLordd Tue May 18, 2010 11:48 am

Well i understand his point that a few regular people were hired recently who doesn't do either. No map/pixel/code..

But many in that field has either quit or been fired.. There might be a reason to why they not trying to rush and go hire people to dev..

I mean even when joey/lexie was on the list there was tons more people i seen in the pixeler spot im not sure what they did cause it was also for mappers. But after they quit the list went down and down again till it died.. Some got fired and i guess it was time to remove the rest?

Then again the story with Reuben shocked everyone so that kinda made everything unstable Sad
WarrLordd
WarrLordd
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ms.Nova Tue May 18, 2010 11:50 am

WarrLordd wrote:Well i understand his point that a few regular people were hired recently who doesn't do either. No map/pixel/code..

But many in that field has either quit or been fired.. There might be a reason to why they not trying to rush and go hire people to dev..

I mean even when joey/lexie was on the list there was tons more people i seen in the pixeler spot im not sure what they did cause it was also for mappers. But after they quit the list went down and down again till it died.. Some got fired and i guess it was time to remove the rest?

Then again the story with Reuben shocked everyone so that kinda made everything unstable Sad

Coders: plasmastar, ele, scottd

Mappers: Cloud, Stumpie

Pixel Artist: ROEFL!
Ms.Nova
Ms.Nova
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  WarrLordd Tue May 18, 2010 11:50 am

Plasmasta been FIRED
WarrLordd
WarrLordd
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  bescared Tue May 18, 2010 11:54 am

Ele and scott seem to have (no swearing) under control tho.
bescared
bescared
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiamor Tue May 18, 2010 11:54 am

Highlighting my post doesn't reiterate your point at all, Nova.

You thought I meant 1 Pixel Artist is enough. I meant one Trial is enough. Not one Trial forever. One Trial when hiring Admins. As in when holding one like we do, it is held to hire whomever is good at what they're trying to get.

We don't need to have 4 or 5 different Trials going on when the one we use is for any Admin position. Mapper, Coder, Mod, Pixel Artist. For the Admin Trails, they make their application. For whatever spot.

If you still don't understand what I'm saying then there is something wrong with you.
Thiamor
Thiamor
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  bescared Tue May 18, 2010 12:00 pm

Thiamor wrote:Highlighting my post doesn't reiterate your point at all, Nova.

You thought I meant 1 Pixel Artist is enough. I meant one Trial is enough. Not one Trial forever. One Trial when hiring Admins. As in when holding one like we do, it is held to hire whomever is good at what they're trying to get.

We don't need to have 4 or 5 different Trials going on when the one we use is for any Admin position. Mapper, Coder, Mod, Pixel Artist. For the Admin Trails, they make their application. For whatever spot.

If you still don't understand what I'm saying then there is something wrong with you.

What i was talking about, Is not having a recurring Pixel artist trials, Holding one presently. Seeing as theres only one in the staff list atm. It wont be something that happens often, But Seeing as Theres a shortage, maybe it would be a good thing, Shows being who are capable, Shows people who will be capable. Shows who are just out there for adminship by pixelling. All in all, It would be a good thing for the development of FE, Like i said. FE has grown vastly since i started playing, and now that theres a shortage of people pixelling and taking it seriously, This could slow down development.
bescared
bescared
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiamor Tue May 18, 2010 12:08 pm

bescared wrote:
Thiamor wrote:Highlighting my post doesn't reiterate your point at all, Nova.

What i was talking about, Is not having a recurring Pixel artist trials, Holding one presently. Seeing as theres only one in the staff list atm. It wont be something that happens often, But Seeing as Theres a shortage, maybe it would be a good thing, Shows being who are capable, Shows people who will be capable. Shows who are just out there for adminship by pixelling. All in all, It would be a good thing for the development of FE, Like i said. FE has grown vastly since i started playing, and now that theres a shortage of people pixelling and taking it seriously, This could slow down development.

Well why waste that time? If no one wants to do it, then holding a Pixel Artist Trial will only show no one posting. If they want to be a Pixel Artist, they'd post on the normal Admin Trials, or, post a regular Admin Application?
Thiamor
Thiamor
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  bescared Tue May 18, 2010 12:35 pm

But how do you know ones going to do it? It will show people who aspire to be great at it. And atleast it gives people a shot at it, something to work towards i guess. Fair enough about posting a normal admin app... Cant figure out any faults in that... But from reading reguler admin trials.. Thats how joey was found. He never posted an app.
bescared
bescared
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  $horty Tue May 18, 2010 6:13 pm

It wouldn't be fair to just have pixel artist trials. That's like being sexist to people wanting to be a moderator/mapper.
$horty
$horty
Legendary

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Panda Costume (Female)
Weapon:: Jail Book Jail Book

Back to top Go down

Post  bescared Wed May 19, 2010 1:54 am

$horty wrote:It wouldn't be fair to just have pixel artist trials. That's like being sexist to people wanting to be a moderator/mapper.

FE isnt in a severe drought of moderators/mappers though xD
bescared
bescared
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiamor Wed May 19, 2010 5:44 am

bescared wrote:
$horty wrote:It wouldn't be fair to just have pixel artist trials. That's like being sexist to people wanting to be a moderator/mapper.

FE isnt in a severe drought of moderators/mappers though xD

It still doesn't mean to branch off from the main Admin Trials. Even if it's only for one time.

As I keep saying, the Admin Trials is for any position, so if anyone was going to do an app and join, they would on there. Singling out a specific trial won't bring in people any quicker than having one Trial for all like it is that we do. Cause if they would do it, they would then, or make a lot of regular Applications.
Thiamor
Thiamor
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  bescared Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 am

i understand your views, but i think your missing the point, admin trials being fore everyone.... Would mean your not just getting pixel artists, your going everyone and this being the main point, Theres no shortage of mappers, coders and moderators.
bescared
bescared
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ms.Nova Wed May 19, 2010 8:05 am

bescared wrote:i understand your views, but i think your missing the point, admin trials being fore everyone.... Would mean your not just getting pixel artists, your going everyone and this being the main point, Theres no shortage of mappers, coders and moderators.

I don't think he can comprehend...
Ms.Nova
Ms.Nova
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiamor Wed May 19, 2010 9:07 am

bescared wrote:i understand your views, but i think your missing the point, admin trials being fore everyone.... Would mean your not just getting pixel artists, your going everyone and this being the main point, Theres no shortage of mappers, coders and moderators.

Okay, let me explain it this way, instead:

Let's say no one joined the Admin Trial to become a Pixeler, bur for whatever else reason they joined; Mod, Mapper, coder...
If you had just Pixeler Trials during that time you'd have 0 then, too.

If they were going to join, then they would do so at any time. It doesn't matter how many other Admins we have. That won't stop them from getting a Pixel job if FE needs it.

Your way would work only but two ways. You get it to work, or no one applies. That is how the other Trials would work, too.

As I said, it doesn't matter if we have an over-abundance of other Admins. The fact of the matter is that if we actually had good pixelers apply, they would either get the job, or not. Having other Admins won't halt this.

So having one Trial for the whole thing wouldn't halt getting Pixelers in anyway. The only thing doing that is Ele and Otaku accepting them or not.

Branching it off would be a waste of space if we already have a place for them to apply. If they choose not to apply, or they aren't picked, it isn't because of there being only one trial for it, it's because they really didn't want to, or didn't make it.

No matter what, you'd get the same amount of people wanting to pixel join that, as you would them joining the main one.
Thiamor
Thiamor
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  WarrLordd Wed May 19, 2010 10:32 am

Thiamor wrote:

Let's say no one joined the Admin Trial to become a Pixeler, bur for whatever else reason they joined; Mod, Mapper, coder...

If they were going to join, then they would do so at any time. It doesn't matter how many other Admins we have. That won't stop them from getting a Pixel job if FE needs it.

Your way would work only but two ways. You get it to work, or no one applies. That is how the other Trials would work, too.

As I said, it doesn't matter if we have an over-abundance of other Admins. The fact of the matter is that if we actually had good pixelers apply, they would either get the job, or not. Having other Admins won't halt this.

So having one Trial for the whole thing wouldn't halt getting Pixelers in anyway. The only thing doing that is Ele and Otaku accepting them or not.

Branching it off would be a waste of space if we already have a place for them to apply. If they choose not to apply, or they aren't picked, it isn't because of there being only one trial for it, it's because they really didn't want to, or didn't make it.

No matter what, you'd get the same amount of people wanting to pixel join that, as you would them joining the main one.

OK well here's the thing... Mods can easily get picked by judgment of character or even by recommendation from other mods (which happened recently - well so we was told cause i asked a few mods and the people hired recently they said they never recommend them.). For a pixel-er it would be much harder not many may understand the quality of ones work some might not even care.. Then there's those who think they are better than others at pix3el. It's a vast community where a person who apply for a moderator position can easily put on a good face at any given time to get the job (but there's also the other side to them). For a pixel-er it's all about quality you need to show your talent and let people be the judge there's no two-faced character in this field - some people may like your stuff some may not.

It's not about making a point whether there should be a pixel-er trial or not. But I'm just trying to show how be scared might be feeling, cause he has worked on tons of sheet trying to help the progress of the server.. I'm pretty sure someone would dislike to submit 10 sheets and get rejected after all that hard work!
WarrLordd
WarrLordd
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  bescared Wed May 19, 2010 10:38 am

WarrLordd wrote:
Thiamor wrote:

OK well here's the thing... Mods can easily get picked by judgment of character or even by recommendation from other mods (which happened recently - well so we was told cause i asked a few mods and the people hired recently they said they never recommend them.). For a pixel-er it would be much harder not many may understand the quality of ones work some might not even care.. Then there's those who think they are better than others at pix3el. It's a vast community where a person who apply for a moderator position can easily put on a good face at any given time to get the job (but there's also the other side to them). For a pixel-er it's all about quality you need to show your talent and let people be the judge there's no two-faced character in this field - some people may like your stuff some may not.

It's not about making a point whether there should be a pixel-er trial or not. But I'm just trying to show how be scared might be feeling, cause he has worked on tons of sheet trying to help the progress of the server.. I'm pretty sure someone would dislike to submit 10 sheets and get rejected after all that hard work!

This was a legitimate suggestion, i didnt totally base it on my own reasoning :3 Warrlordd raised several good points tho. I was honestly thinking of the server development when i suggested this.
bescared
bescared
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  WarrLordd Wed May 19, 2010 10:50 am

bescared wrote:
WarrLordd wrote:
Thiamor wrote:

This was a legitimate suggestion, i didnt totally base it on my own reasoning :3 Warrlordd raised several good points tho. I was honestly thinking of the server development when i suggested this.

Well recently i have seen a thread posted by roefl himself letting people not to criticize someones work with harsh comments or rude suggestions reason more and more people tend to either stop pixeling for the community or either quit and go else where.

So it's basically the same issue when the owner or management of the game doesn't pay attention to people who do try to help the progress of development. Sooner or later when they believe they have tried enough and get no respond they would move on wouldn't they? ( I would like to help people with there stuff if they want to learn but i need to learn a bit more myself :-p)
WarrLordd
WarrLordd
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  bescared Wed May 19, 2010 10:52 am

WarrLordd wrote:
bescared wrote:
WarrLordd wrote:
Thiamor wrote:

Well recently i have seen a thread posted by roefl himself letting people not to criticize someones work with harsh comments or rude suggestions reason more and more people tend to either stop pixeling for the community or either quit and go else where.

So it's basically the same issue when the owner or management of the game doesn't pay attention to people who do try to help the progress of development. Sooner or later when they believe they have tried enough and get no respond they would move on wouldn't they? ( I would like to help people with there stuff if they want to learn but i need to learn a bit more myself :-p)

Likewise.
bescared
bescared
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next