Fallen Evolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposing revised rules..

+7
Gitsie
roefl
Artist
( Undead )
Kinriku
Ms.Nova
ScottD
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Proposing revised rules.. Empty Proposing revised rules..

Post  ScottD Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:33 am

These are proposed rule changes. Your input is needed. If the majority don't disagree with the changes, I'll see if Grace or Matt will make the changes. Imo, they are acceptable.

Player Rules

Note: The rules listed here apply to admins as well.

-

1. No creating new accounts or using other accounts in an attempt to by-pass a ban.

Note: Punishment will be harsher if the player is by-passing a permanent ban.
Punishment: Players involved are banned on first offense. Player may be banned on forums, depending on the severity of the case.

-

2. No advertising for other games or private servers.

Note: This rule applies mainly to posting full IPs and websites. This does not apply to mentioning a private server's name.
Punishment: Player is warned on first offense, and permanently banned on second offense. If player by-passes the permanent ban, they are wiped.

-

3. No duping items.

Punishment: Player is permanently banned and wiped on first offense. Server may be rolled back, depending on the severity of the case.

-

4. No server trading.

Punishment: Player is permanently banned on first offense. If player by-passes the permanent ban, they are wiped.

-

5. No autoing/speeding/manipulative programs or abusing glitches.

Note: Autoing is not limited to just running scripts. Autoing is a general term for using manipulative programs to gain levels. It doesn't matter if you are AFK or not, if you are not manually pressing your ctrl key, that is considered autoing.
Punishment: Player is warned on first offense, banned on second offense, and permanently banned on third offense. If player by-passes the permanent ban, they are wiped.

-

6. No posing as admins in an attempt to manipulate or scam players.

Punishment: Player is banned on first offense, and permanently banned on second offense. If player by-passes the permanent ban, they are wiped.

-

7. No scamming.

Note: Dropping your item and having it picked up by another player is NOT a scam. Do not drop any items you expect to get back. Also, admins cannot help you if you are given an incorrect price check.
Punishment: Player is asked first to give back the item(s) they scammed. If player does not give back said item(s), they may be permanently banned. If player by-passes the permanent ban, they are wiped. The victim of the scamming may have their lost item(s) given back to them.
Bad trades are not scamming so don't ask.

-

8. Players must pay if they lose an arena or tic-tac-toe bet.

Note: All arena and tic-tac-toe bets must be best 2 out of 3 matches.
Punishment: The player is asked first to give the item(s) they bet to the admin overseeing the match. If player does not hand over said item(s), they may be permanently banned. If player by-passes the permanent ban, they are wiped. The winner of the bet may have their lost item(s) given back to them.

-

9. No racism, sexual harassment, degrading or abusive language/behavior towards another player or admin.

Punishment: Player is warned on first offense, muted on second offense, and walled on third offense. Player may be banned up to 48 hours if abuse continues after third offense.

There's a curse filter and ignore function. Use it. The moderators don't have time to deal with your other disputes.

-

10. No begging admins for items, levels, or access.

Punishment: Player is warned on first offense, muted on second offense, and walled on third offense. Player may be banned for up to 24 hours if begging continues after third offense.

-

11. No spawning in PK or arena.

Punishment: Player is warned on first offense, and walled on second offense. Player may be banned for up to 24 hours if spawning continues after second offense.

-

12. No KSing (kill stealing) players.

Note: If a player is attacking a monster, do not attack it. This rule applies mainly to training areas. This rule does not apply so much to boss monster areas. However, players are not allowed to join in on attacking boss monsters when the HP is at "red".
Punishment: Player is warned on first offense, and walled on second offense. Player may be banned for up to 24 hours if KSing continues after second offense.

This rule does NOT mean you cannot walk in to "someone elses training area" and train. It only applies to killing NPC's that they have started hitting.

ScottD
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FE Paperdoll
Click the link above to see rest of the users paperdoll.:
Armor::
Weapon::

Back to top Go down

Proposing revised rules.. Empty Re: Proposing revised rules..

Post  Ms.Nova Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:36 am

love it. I'd add a rule that says Undead can't be admin because he is illiterate.
Ms.Nova
Ms.Nova
Legendary

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Ayane Dress (Female)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinriku Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:38 am

The "no racism" obviously should be there, so hooray for that. But harassment for any other reason should be punished, too. :/ Like, if I ran around calling every tan paperdoll the N-word, wouldn't it offend them? Would it not offend any less if I went up to every member of GSA and called them all f@gs?
Kinriku
Kinriku
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ms.Nova Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:39 am

Kinriku wrote:The "no racism" obviously should be there, so hooray for that. But harassment for any other reason should be punished, too. :/ Like, if I ran around calling every tan paperdoll the N-word, wouldn't it offend them? Would it not offend any less if I went up to every member of GSA and called them all f@gs?

the N word is under the racism column. Curse filter can be used for the word fag.
Ms.Nova
Ms.Nova
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinriku Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:41 am

Ms.Nova wrote:
Kinriku wrote:The "no racism" obviously should be there, so hooray for that. But harassment for any other reason should be punished, too. :/ Like, if I ran around calling every tan paperdoll the N-word, wouldn't it offend them? Would it not offend any less if I went up to every member of GSA and called them all f@gs?

the N word is under the racism column. Curse filter can be used for the word fag.

I know, I was using the N-word part as an example of the racism part. What I'm saying is that it would offend a gay person no less if someone came in and started throwing around insults toward gay people. :/
Kinriku
Kinriku
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottD Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:41 am

You could ignore them. The lack of admins and fact none of them wants to get online because they're getting harassed by players because apparently the player is getting harassed is keeping them from checking for autoers, cheaters, etc. My opinion is they can deal with these stupid issues themselves. Why do you think EO has been alive so long? The admins didn't over moderate and didn't get involved in player disputes. They also didn't take care of cheaters which is what really needs to be done.

Also, anyone who is actually gay has been called a fag and probably will be in the future. You learn to ignore the bastards that go down to that level.

ScottD
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  ( Undead ) Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:44 am

Ms.Nova wrote:love it. I'd add a rule that says Undead can't be admin because he is illiterate.

Love it if u added Rule that said no Trolls! (mr.nova)
( Undead )
( Undead )
Legendary

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Final Summoning (Male) Final Summoning (Male)
Weapon:: Fallen Dragon Blade Fallen Dragon Blade

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinriku Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:44 am

ScottD wrote:

You could ignore them. The lack of admins and fact none of them wants to get online because they're getting harassed by players because apparently the player is getting harassed is keeping them from checking for autoers, cheaters, etc. My opinion is they can deal with these stupid issues themselves. Why do you think EO has been alive so long? The admins didn't over moderate and didn't get involved in player disputes. They also didn't take care of cheaters which is what really needs to be done.

Also, anyone who is actually gay has been called a fag and probably will be in the future. You learn to ignore the bastards that go down to that level.

It could be any other example, though. My point being if white people are being called honkies, handicaps being called retards, gay people being called fags, black people the N-word... I dunno, it just seems to fall into the same category imo. Maybe even the racism part should be taken out of the revision.
Kinriku
Kinriku
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ms.Nova Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:46 am

( Undead ) wrote:
Ms.Nova wrote:love it. I'd add a rule that says Undead can't be admin because he is illiterate.

Love it if u added Rule that said no Trolls! (mr.nova)

How am i trolling? Lol
Ms.Nova
Ms.Nova
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Artist Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:47 am

Perfect. Pretty much all it is is taking away punishment for profanity and telling you to use the curse filter, correct?
Artist
Artist
Legendary

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Turtle Costume (Male)

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottD Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:47 am

Kinriku wrote:
ScottD wrote:

It could be any other example, though. My point being if white people are being called honkies, handicaps being called retards, gay people being called fags, black people the N-word... I dunno, it just seems to fall into the same category imo. Maybe even the racism part should be taken out of the revision.

I should be more clear.. That basically falls under racism. It should be changed to discriminatory comments. I'm referring to 2 players bickering at each other.

ScottD
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottD Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 am

Bionic wrote:Perfect. Pretty much all it is is taking away punishment for profanity and telling you to use the curse filter, correct?

Basically yes.

ScottD
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ms.Nova Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:49 am

ScottD wrote:
Bionic wrote:Perfect. Pretty much all it is is taking away punishment for profanity and telling you to use the curse filter, correct?

Basically yes.

Scott knows how to take FE out of the PG rated era.
Ms.Nova
Ms.Nova
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Artist Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:49 am

ScottD wrote:

Basically yes.

Sounds good to me.
Artist
Artist
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinriku Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:49 am

ScottD wrote:
Kinriku wrote:
ScottD wrote:

I should be more clear.. That basically falls under racism. It should be changed to discriminatory comments. I'm referring to 2 players bickering at each other.

Alright, that makes a lot more sense. ^_^;; just trying to clear it up. If it's all discriminatory comments, I totally agree. That sounds like a good revision of that rule.
Kinriku
Kinriku
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  roefl Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:52 am

I think the Ignore and the curse filter should do it, if the person somehow manages to get at you then you should allert an admin in my opinion.
The "big" games doesnt have these kind of problems, because whatever happends it'll be over as soon as the player logs offline or puts him on ignore.
roefl
roefl
bewb

FE Paperdoll
Weapon:: Harp Harp

Back to top Go down

Post  Artist Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:54 am

ScottD wrote:
Kinriku wrote:
ScottD wrote:

So wait, are you saying that if two people were arguing and one called the other the N word, there would be no punishment? But if someone was like "I hate black people. Black people are.. blah blah." then that would be punishable?
Artist
Artist
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottD Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:57 am

Bionic wrote:
ScottD wrote:
Kinriku wrote:
ScottD wrote:

So wait, are you saying that if two people were arguing and one called the other the N word, there would be no punishment? But if someone was like "I hate black people. Black people are.. blah blah." then that would be punishable?

That's where it gets tricky. They would not get punished unless someone AROUND them reported it. Honestly, the only reason people report this crap is so the other person gets in trouble and that's what they want.

ScottD
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Artist Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:01 am

ScottD wrote:
Bionic wrote:
ScottD wrote:
Kinriku wrote:
ScottD wrote:

That's where it gets tricky. They would not get punished unless someone AROUND them reported it. Honestly, the only reason people report this crap is so the other person gets in trouble and that's what they want.
Very true, so it's kind of like a third party thing then? If it's between two people then whatever but if someone else sees it and has had enough they can report the two of them, both being punished if it goes to far?
Artist
Artist
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ms.Nova Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:02 am

i think if its between 2 people. They can say what they want as long as they keep it off global. Its 2 ppl no harm. Admins should stay out.
Ms.Nova
Ms.Nova
Legendary

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottD Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:03 am

Bionic wrote:
ScottD wrote:
Bionic wrote:
ScottD wrote:
Kinriku wrote:
ScottD wrote:

Very true, so it's kind of like a third party thing then? If it's between two people then whatever but if someone else sees it and has had enough they can report the two of them, both being punished if it goes to far?

Whoever used a work like N.

ScottD
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Kinriku Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:06 am

Lmao, maybe if it gets reported by one of the ones involved, they both can get punished. xD The attacker gets punished for the obvious reason, while the reporter gets the punishment too with a strict suggestion to put the attacker on ignore next time.
That way we'd only get the people that actually care about the person spouting crap about the game, instead of the immaturity of wanting said person to get in trouble. If this even makes sense. =__=;;

Like pretty much saying they both get punished for fighting.

Lol, I think that would cause a rebellion of the players, though. xD
Kinriku
Kinriku
The Fallen
The Fallen

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Gitsie Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:13 am

Dont know if you noticed but EO is dying , all old players left there looking for a new EO and a lot found it in FE.
Why , cause admins never replied or arent simply online on EO main.
You can say admins arent for this arent for that , but players needs to get used on that also.
There are a lot of new players on in the last few weeks and with only the 50-70 players that
were highest online admins did look at glb chat and came up when a newb stayed around to
ks you. New players keep coming also , ok thats good but we shouldnt forget how it used to be
and why oldies liked to play at FE . And when we need to put all that bad language or haras
on ignore or if we need to put the filter on, come on we are not all little kiddies that needs a filter.
And with only 100 players online its idiot to put ppl on ignore , there is something like :know how to
behave to other ppl, thats not only for in real life , online games have real ppl too.
They simply call that respect , maybe something to put on that list too , then you can get the rest off.
Respect is no racisme , no discrimination , no spot stealing , no ksing etc.
Sometimes the glb chat looks like a sexchat and admins needs to stop that , there are kids online
if you want a chat like that go to www.whereeversex.com but dont use a game where all kind of ppl and
all kind of ages plays for that grose things. And if you say something you get things like : then leave or
turn filter on or what ever. And when you are kidding or what ever they say take that to pms.
As long its grose puber things its good for glb , if its something else or ppl that wants to talk about something
serious they say : take it to pms . Bit upside down to me.
Gitsie
Gitsie
Warrior

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Fallen Plate (Male) Fallen Plate (Male)
Weapon:: Excalibur Excalibur

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottD Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:40 am

Gitsie wrote:Dont know if you noticed but EO is dying , all old players left there looking for a new EO and a lot found it in FE.
Why , cause admins never replied or arent simply online on EO main.
You can say admins arent for this arent for that , but players needs to get used on that also.
There are a lot of new players on in the last few weeks and with only the 50-70 players that
were highest online admins did look at glb chat and came up when a newb stayed around to
ks you. New players keep coming also , ok thats good but we shouldnt forget how it used to be
and why oldies liked to play at FE . And when we need to put all that bad language or haras
on ignore or if we need to put the filter on, come on we are not all little kiddies that needs a filter.
And with only 100 players online its idiot to put ppl on ignore , there is something like :know how to
behave to other ppl, thats not only for in real life , online games have real ppl too.
They simply call that respect , maybe something to put on that list too , then you can get the rest off.
Respect is no racisme , no discrimination , no spot stealing , no ksing etc.
Sometimes the glb chat looks like a sexchat and admins needs to stop that , there are kids online
if you want a chat like that go to www.whereeversex.com but dont use a game where all kind of ppl and
all kind of ages plays for that grose things. And if you say something you get things like : then leave or
turn filter on or what ever. And when you are kidding or what ever they say take that to pms.
As long its grose puber things its good for glb , if its something else or ppl that wants to talk about something
serious they say : take it to pms . Bit upside down to me.

Well, in my opinion, ignoring someone will work and isn't going to waste time for the admins. Way too many people are getting jailed for something they've said. I have to disagree COMPLETELY with the "no spotstealing" thing you said. This is a game. If you want to play alone, download Seose and setup a local server. Global isn't really defined for any purpose. People talk about everything from shopping to sex to game play to their life to buying and selling items. It's pretty much an off topic channel for whatever. If you don't like what they're talking about change to public chat. Sorry but the majority of the players don't have any issues with what is discussed.

Also, there shouldn't be anyone under 13 on this game.

ScottD
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FE Paperdoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Thiamor Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:31 am

But in my opinion, if someone is crossing the line with racist comments against one person (2 'bickering') as you stated, you should let an admin know. Racism shouldn't be condoned just because you all are getting tired of having to help. This makes it seem like you wanna be lazy. If something happens, it's your all's job to keep the game in line. Not just hope they go to ignore. Mods help the Server cause it's all they can do. They should be left in charge of those simple rules. Those like Pixel Artists, Coders and Mappers should only get involved when they don't listen and continue. Such brings warnings, walls, mutes, kicks and jailing. Ignoring makes them go to someone else. Yeah, they could very well ignore them, but your job isn't to just sit around, making everyone go to ignore. You help, or you do the job given to you like being an artist.

This is one reason why people come to FE. Cause of the active Admins. People LEAVE EO MAIN cause the Admins there don't do (no swearing). Your best bet is to keep the rules we have now. They work more times than not.
Thiamor
Thiamor
Legendary

FE Paperdoll
Armor:: Final Summoning (Male) Final Summoning (Male)
Weapon:: Excalibur Excalibur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next